Modern residential security solutions are becoming more capable every year. But, unfortunately, you may still fail to perform easy security tasks like turning on your a security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you never had to worry about these tasks in the future? When you implement geofencing in Pensacola, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Pensacola For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary around your house, which you are able to customize within your smart security app. This modern home security option then uses your mobile device to deduce when you go beyond the border and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices take advantage of to share information with other connected equipment. This technological advancement aids your security system by putting all components onto the same network. You can draw specific boundaries along the perimeter of your house and assign the specific actions you want to occur when you move beyond the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, when you leave your premises, you can program your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, turn on lights, and even change your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the technologies you may manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics like speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your property’s security system in Pensacola. When accessing the security app, you have the ability to make the most of home automation. Just tap a button, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart alarms and cameras to operate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to dim to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or disarm your security alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make certain devices come alive when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to activate the fan if the fire alarm trips. Or switch on your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system notices abnormal activity around your property.
● Customize scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in concert with each other. Make your lights lower, the temperature go down, and the smart locks bolt when the day is done. Or set the mood for movie night with specific lighting and thermostat adjustments.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to enable the security system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Pensacola
Whether you desire extra peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (850) 347-8091 or submit the form below to get started on your ideal security system.